Ideal for the discerning corporate visitor, colleagues working away, an overnight stay or a weekend break, The Lodge at Barston is the closest luxury self-catering accommodation to the NEC/LG Arena, Birmingham Airport & Birmingham International (3 miles). Central Solihull is just 3 miles away, Birmingham City Centre 10 miles and Stratford upon Avon, Warwick, Leamington & Kenilworth are all within easy reach. Situated down a secluded lane, The Lodge at Barston offers a unique accommodation experience where you can enjoy luxurious surroundings in the heart of the countryside.
• Private ground floor boutique apartment
• Two bedrooms – King size and Double
• Contemporary open plan Lounge/Luxury Kitchen/Dining Area
• Luxury shower room
• Private garden with stylish dining patio and large drive with ample storage facilities
• Broadband/smart tv/laundry facilities
• Breakfast Basket supplied
Individual requirements no problem. Sorry – no pets or children.
Completely self-contained, The Lodge at Barston offers privacy both inside and out, with its own drive and private garden designed by Bunny Guinness..
The Lodge at Barston is literally a two minute walk from renown restaurant, The Malt Shovel at Barston, providing atmospheric dining in the bar as well as a more formal restaurant.
The Bulls Head, our 18th century CAMRA award-winning pub, is a ten minute walk and offers a more traditional menu and a host of real ales.
In the neighbouring villages of Hampton in Arden & Knowle are Peels, The Beeches, Longfellows
and a host of other excellent restaurants of all cuisines.
If you prefer to eat in, The Lodge at Barston has a fully fitted luxury kitchen and there is a supermarket within a 5 minute drive. We also have a special arrangement with the Malt Shovel & Bulls Head who are happy to offer a plated up meal if you want an extra special takeaway!
In the summer you can dine in complete privacy in your own stylish garden. The French doors open onto a large patio with table & chairs. A barbecue, table linen, cushions etc are all provided.
For golf enthusiasts West Midlands Golf Club is a two minute drive, Nailcote & Copt Heath Golf courses five minutes & The Belfry Golf Course is just 20 minutes away.
Fishermen can enjoy Blythe Waters (a three minute walk across the fields), Barston Lakes or Oak Lane Farm in Barston, both of which are a two minute drive.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type
|Room / Unit Tariff*
|2 bed apartment king + double (2 to 4 persons)
|£160.00 per unit per night
|Also available as:
|Apartment king bed (1 to 2 person)
|£120.00 per unit per night
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Map & Directions
Click here to view map
From M42Exit M42 at Junction 5. Take A441 towards Knowle. After half a mile turn left into Jacobean Lane. After two miles turn right at the T junction (onto Knowle/Hampton Road) then Immediate left into Barston Lane. After 200 yards turn right into Wood Lane (immediately after the first cream house on your right).Please NoteWood Lane is secluded and easy to miss! If you approach Barston as above and get to “The Malt Shovel at Barston” restaurant on your right, you’ve gone too far. Don’t be put off by the “Unsuitable for Motor Vehicles” sign. Go down the lane approx 100 yards and The Lodge is immediately past the white cottage on the right. Just pull up on the gravel drive.
Public Transport Directions
3 miles from Birmingham International Train Station, 1 mile from Hampton-in Arden StationLimited bus service from Central Solihull.
- Disabled Accessibility - This is a ground floor apartment but is not wheelchair friendly and does not have any grab rails or disabled facilities. The garden is on one level with small step into property.
- Bar - ‘The Malt Shovel at Barston’ is a two minute walk & CAMRA award-winner ‘The Bulls Head at Barston’ a ten minute walk
- Restaurant - The Malt Shovel at Barston’ offers fine dining in a relaxed, contemporary country bar as well as a more formal restaurant. 18th century The Bulls Head at Barston’ offers a more traditional menu. Lots of other local fine dining of all cuisines.
- Room service - Individual requirements can be catered for with prior notice.
- Access to golf course - West Midlands Golf Club two minutes away, Nailcote & Copt Heath Golf courses five minutes & The Belfry Golf Course just 20 minutes away
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking - Local stabling/grazing available and bridleways. Solihull Riding Club 4 miles away. Local pony trekking available.
- Cycle hire - Excellent mountain bike tracks. Ample safe storage..
- Fishing - Blythe Waters 5 minute walk, Barston Lakes & Oak Lane Farm are a a two minute drive.
- Gym - The Hampton Gym one mile away, exclusive gym with daily membership rates
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities - Private beautician available within two minute walk. By prior arrangement.
- Tennis court - Public tennis court within 3 miles
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Large private drive, ample parking for horse boxes, storage etc. Large barn available for storage.
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem) - Free broadband. Fax & printer available on request.
- Dry cleaning service
- Garden/patio for guests use - Yes – large private dining patio and garden
- Launderette - Washer/dryer in apartment
- Linen provided
- Public telephone - Private landline available
- Farm - Renovated stables in countryside
- In countryside - Private, rural location. beautiful walks