The Jam House
The Jam House is a one stop destination for food, drink and live music. Freshly cooked, fine international cuisine is served in the restaurant on the top floor, which seats over 80 people.
Chargrilled fillet of beef, leek and parsley rosti potato, mangetout, sauce bearnaise
1kg Beef Fillet- trimmed by your butcher, rolled in clingfilm to make a cylinder shape and kept in the fridge over night
4 Baking potatoes
1 Leek- cut into ribbons
30g Parsley- picked and chopped
10g Tarragon- picked and chopped retaining the stalks
10g Chervil- picked and chopped
50ml olive oil
250g Butter- 200g placed in a warm area to clarify
4 Egg yolks
100ml white wine
100ml white wine vinegar
1 shallot- roughly chopped
3 cloves garlic- roughly chopped
salt and pepper
- Place baking potatoes in a heavy bottomed saucepan in cold water. Place on high heat until they reach boiling point. Remove and allow to coolSaute leeks in a little olive oil and butter. Do not allow to colour.
- In a small pan place the white wine, white wine vinegar,peppercorns, tarragon stalks, shallots and garlic put on high heat and reduce by half. Remove and cool.
- Peel and grate the baking potatoes, add the leeks, chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper. Shape into cake like patties and fry in a little olive oil and butter.
- Place the white wine reduction in a round bottomed bowl add the egg yolks and whisk, then place over a pan of simmering water continue whisking the eggs will slowly get thicker and then paler in colour. remove from heat and slowly whisk in your clarified butter once all added , add your chopped tarragon, chervil lemon juce and season with salt and pepper. Place in a warm area to use later.
- Cook your fillet of beef in steaks to your liking, at the same time place your rostis in the oven at 180 c for around 8 minutes or until your steaks are done and rested.
- Cook the mangetout, place in the middle of your plates add the rosti on top then the steak and finish with the bearnaise sauce.
RT @JQBID: 7 days to go 🎉🎉🎉#JQFestival. This time next week, they’ll be entertainment courtesy of a range of artists including the brillian…
RT @JQBID: If you ❤️the #JewelleryQuarter in #Birmingham, join us for the #JQFestival to discover our #artisans, #museums, #shops, #pubs,…
A vibrant museum in the heart of the city with over 40 galleries.Read More
Plan the perfect shopping trip with full store, centre and brand directories.Read More
From the world-famous, 21st Century Bullring to the Victorian elegance of the Great Western Arcade.Read More
Don’t miss Birmingham’s amazing markets – whether it’s the 850-year old Bullring markets or the...Read More
Home to more diamond rings, finishing touches and tokens of love than anywhere else in...Read More