Diva Opera: The Abduction from The Seraglio
Diva Opera presents W A Mozart The Abduction from The Seraglio
Thursday 5 July
This is a wonderful early Mozart Opera about a silly Spanish lady of fine blood, who fortunately has an english maid. She finds herself in Turkey and is seduced by the local Pasha whose terrifying body guard Osmin promptly throws her into the Harem.
Her lover hatches a plot to rescue her but the body guard is rendered incapable by an excess of the local wine, thanks to the resourceful English maid. When he sobers up it all goes pear shaped - that is, until the Pasha grants his pardon to our Spanish couple.
Parish Church of St Mary Magdalene
Tanworth-in-Arden, B94 5AJ
Some practical advice:
- There will be a marquee, in case it rains.
- Bring a cushion for seating in the church.
- Many people will bring their own table and chairs with a hamper of food and wine; there is plenty of room for picnicking in the churchyard. For those wishing to dine in the local pub on the green The Bell, please contact them on 01564 742212. Some may wish to purchase a hamper from Wedges Bakery: 01564 702542
- Many in the village will throw a party in their own homes, with a street party atmosphere.
- Dress code: black tie is optional.
From 17.45: Enjoy a complimentary glass of champagne - Wine bar on the green
18.45: Curtain up Part 1
19.50: Dinner interval (90 mins)
21.20: Curtain up Part 2
For more information please call 01564 742865 or email email@example.com
A vibrant museum in the heart of the city with over 40 galleries.Read More
Plan the perfect shopping trip with full store, centre and brand directories.Read More
From the world-famous, 21st Century Bullring to the Victorian elegance of the Great Western Arcade.Read More
Don’t miss Birmingham’s amazing markets – whether it’s the 850-year old Bullring markets or the...Read More
Home to more diamond rings, finishing touches and tokens of love than anywhere else in...Read More