A Taste of Solihull
PAST EVENT - 5–7 October 2013, Mell Square Live Demo kitchen
A Taste of Solihull
Solihull celebrates the wealth of worldwide cuisine in this annual food lovers event.
Taste buds at the ready... A Taste of Solihull is back! Friday 5 October marks the start of the festival - the second annual celebration for lovers of great food and drink.
This year's event is set to be even bigger and better, with a weekend of activities spicing up the town.
Throughout the weekend there will be:
- Three speciality food and farmers markets. Come down and smell the freshly-baked treats from around the world, together with earth-fresh produce, straight from local supplies on Solihull's doorstep.
- An expert tasting session on a selection of fine French wines from Laithwaites.
- Chefs from Solihull's best-loved restaurants, including Giraffe, the Delhi Restaurant, Wagamamas and Metro Bar and Grill, will be taking to the stage in the demo-kitchen in Mell Square to showcase their talents.
- A diverse programme of entertainment including the infectious beat of Bollywood, street dance, a string quartet from Birmingham Conservatoire and talented local pupils from award-winning Starstruck Theatre School and Learning Curves School of Dance.
- A performance on Sunday, in Mell Square, by "People's Tenor' John Innes, an adopted Silhillian, telling the incredible tale of how, after over 30 years of busking, he put his life's savings into funding his own debut album anda UK-wide tour, singing alongside the likes of Katherine Jenkins.
Once again, there will be special offers and menus from the town's coffee houses, bars and restaurants - many of which will be valid until the end of October and some to the end of next year!
RT @ticketfactory: Another brand new 10th birthday competition!You can win 2 tickets to see Katy Perry in Birmingham!Enter here 👉 https…
RT @IndependentBham: Gindependent Birmingham Presents: Gin Battle. FREE double G&T + 4 cocktail tasters from Brum’s best bartenders. £20: h…
RT @ParkRegisBirm: It's half-term! 🎉To help you out, we've made a list of 10 free things to do with your little ones in the city: https://…
A vibrant museum in the heart of the city with over 40 galleries.Read More
Plan the perfect shopping trip with full store, centre and brand directories.Read More
From the world-famous, 21st Century Bullring to the Victorian elegance of the Great Western Arcade.Read More
Don’t miss Birmingham’s amazing markets – whether it’s the 850-year old Bullring markets or the...Read More
Home to more diamond rings, finishing touches and tokens of love than anywhere else in...Read More