University College Birmingham
University College Birmingham has two restaurants open to the public during term times, Monday to Friday: Atrium Restaurant - offering excellent value fine dining and an impressive wine selection, the Atrium is the training ground for the chefs and food service students of the future and is well worth a visit. Brasserie Restaurant - a menu of classic and contemporary English and European dishes is offered in a relaxed and friendly environment . In Autumn and Spring check out the Theme Evenings for great food and entertainment.
50ml Vodka (Could use citrus flavoured vodka)
75ml Cranberry Juice
- Put all ingredients into a boston shaker with ice and a squeeze of lime.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass, flame an orange peel over the drink and rim the glass with the peel.
10g Caster Sugar
10g Unsalted Butter
3 Prepared Crepes
100ml Orange Juice
25ml Grand Marnier
- Heat the pan
- Coat the pan with caster sugar
- Add a knob of butter and mix it together with the sugar until dissolved
- Pour in the orange juice and a splash of lemon juice
- Add the Grand Marnier
- Use half an orange on a fork to de-glaze the pan
- Add the crepes and coat them with sauce. Fold them into triangles.
- Pull the crepes to the back of the pan and tip it slightly at an angle. Dust the top of the pan with caster sugar.
- When the sugar has turned golden brown pour the brandy into the top of the pan and tip it enough for the alcohol vapours to catch the flame.
- Cook out the alcohol and reduce the sauce. Test to see if the sauce is ready by coating the back of a spoon with it, if the sauce sticks to the spoon it is ready.
- Present the crepes in the middle of a plate, coat with sauce and serve with vanilla ice cream.
21 March - 10 June
A vibrant museum in the heart of the city with over 40 galleries.Read More
Plan the perfect shopping trip with full store, centre and brand directories.Read More
From the world-famous, 21st Century Bullring to the Victorian elegance of the Great Western Arcade.Read More
Don’t miss Birmingham’s amazing markets – whether it’s the 850-year old Bullring markets or the...Read More
Home to more diamond rings, finishing touches and tokens of love than anywhere else in...Read More