Soul Food Project
Soul Food Project was formed in 2010 by Matthew Beck and Carl Finn, who between have 10 years plus experience in the food, drink, music and hospitality trade.The whole idea was based around the pop up restaurant revolution where chefs and cooks with great ideas / concepts were taking over the most bizarre spaces and hosting one off restaurant projects. The idea that you can make something from nothing (in true Soul Food fashion) played a big part in deciding that Soul Food was the direction to go in…Simple ingredients cooked with care and passion, turned into something beautiful and served with some Southern hospitality.The kitchen also offers private catering, buffets, DJ hire and training workshops, on top of a full season of music festivals across the country that you’ll be able to get your soul food kicks at!
To cook a Jamba for 1
70gms of good quality cooking chorizo
80gms or chicken breast
1 cup of pre cooked seasoned rice
3 large prawns
40gm sliced bell peppers
1 level tsp of salt (more if needed)
800ml water (more is needed)
Fresh coriander, spring onion washed and chopped
Cucumber, de-seeded and cubed
1/2 a lime
- In a hot pan, place chicken and chorizo, cook till the chicken starts to brown and chorizo blisters.
- Add spice blend, and stir in to juices, once reduced to a paste start adding water little by little
- add pre cooked rice and leave to re-heat, add more water to stop drying.
- Add prawns and peppers when the rice has soaked up 500-600mls of water.
- Once the colour is a rich red, add salt to taste.
- When the prawns are a bright pink, you are ready to plate up!
A vibrant museum in the heart of the city with over 40 galleries.Read More
Plan the perfect shopping trip with full store, centre and brand directories.Read More
From the world-famous, 21st Century Bullring to the Victorian elegance of the Great Western Arcade.Read More
Don’t miss Birmingham’s amazing markets – whether it’s the 850-year old Bullring markets or the...Read More
Home to more diamond rings, finishing touches and tokens of love than anywhere else in...Read More