Pushkar means “Born to a flower.” It was a love of international travel that was the creative spark for Pushkar restaurant. The Director was inspired to open his establishment in the UK after eating in some of the best restaurants in the world. He chose Birmingham as it is one of the most vibrant and culturally exciting cities in the UK, with a flourishing restaurant scene.
Pushkar has been designed to give our guests a fresh approach of everything that is good about Indian Style, food and hospitality. These then go together to create a unique, authentic and relaxed atmosphere.
Scallop Moilee with spiced roasted peppers
5TB sp-coconut/vegetable oil
2 medium size-onions
1 TB sp-turmeric powder
20 nos-curry leaves
2 nos -green chillies
To taste -salt
1 no -red peppers
1 no -yellow peppers
1 medium -tomato (deseeded and diced)
½ tsp -coriander powder
½ tsp -red chilli powder
1 tsp -chopped coriander leaves
1 tsp -cumin seeds
200 ml -fish stock/water
200 ml -coconut milk
Method for spiced roasted peppers:
- Deseed and roast the peppers, than peel off the skin and dice it.
- On a pan heat 2 tsp of oil. Add cumin seeds. Allow it to crackle. Add 1 onion (chopped). Cook it till light brown than add ½ tsp of chopped ginger. Sauté for few seconds than stir in red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt followed by diced tomatoes .Cook for a couple of minutes and then add diced roasted peppers. Finish with chopped fresh coriander.
For the Moilee Sauce
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan. Add rest of the onions (sliced) and cook till soft. Add ginger and turmeric powder. Cook on a medium heat for few minutes than add curry leaves, whole green chilli and salt, followed by fish stock/water. Simmer for 5 minutes .Finally finish with coconut milk.
- Strain the sauce. It’s ready to be served.
- To cook the Scallop
- On a medium to hot frying pan, add few drops of oil than place the scallop sprinkling some salt to taste. Let it cook for about 2 minutes, turn over season it, cook for another minute or 2 than let it rest on the pan whilst you plate up.
Arrange a quenelle of spiced roasted pepper in the centre of the plate. Place the seared scallop on top than pour the sauce around.
Finally garnish the scallops with salad leaves and serve straight away.
RT @SaraPreisler: The Perfect and Unique Christmas gift for a stylish man in your life! Original and Handmade Cuff-links from many of our d…
RT @ArenaBirmingham: IMPORTANT INFO: It is with regret, that Peter Kay has had to cancel his upcoming shows at our venue, we understand tha…
A vibrant museum in the heart of the city with over 40 galleries.Read More
Plan the perfect shopping trip with full store, centre and brand directories.Read More
From the world-famous, 21st Century Bullring to the Victorian elegance of the Great Western Arcade.Read More
Don’t miss Birmingham’s amazing markets – whether it’s the 850-year old Bullring markets or the...Read More
Home to more diamond rings, finishing touches and tokens of love than anywhere else in...Read More