West Midlands Railway
SAME FRIENDLY FACES JUST MORE TO MAKE YOU SMILE
Meet a railway that’s run for the west midlands, by the west midlands.
West Midlands Railway are here to serve you and our region better. They're bringing in more trains, more seats, more affordable fares and compensation if your train is delayed by more than 15 minutes.
The new West Midlands Railway franchise gives local people and businesses the rail service they deserve. A train service that’s more responsive to what people in our region actually need.
A whopping £1 billion will be pumped into the region’s network, providing
more trains (late night and off-peak ones), more seats, better stations, extra
facilities and more affordable travel. And everything will be carefully planned to connect better with the rest of the bus and tram network.
Key improvements happening over the next couple of years:
- £700 million spent on new trains and sprucing up older ones
- 100 new carriages on the Cross City Line (between Lichfield and
- Longbridge with the route extended to Bromsgrove)
- Compensation if the train is delayed by more than 15 minutes
- Free Wi-Fi by 2019
There are so many other improvements to look forward to, including smart ticketing, smarter stations, better platform facilities, as well as more car and cycle parking spaces.
To find out more and book tickets now visit www.westmidlandsrailway.co.uk
Download a West Midlands Railway Network Map here
London Northwestern Railway
Running down the very backbone of England, the new London Northwestern Railway franchise connects the economic powerhouses of London and the North West with the West Midlands.
London Northwestern Railway will be run as part of a joint venture between Abellio, East Japan Railway Company and the Japanese conglomerate Mitsui & Co. Abellio Transport Holdings is an international transport group who also operate the ScotRail and Greater Anglia franchises and Merseyrail concession in the UK.
We are owned by ‘NS’ in the Netherlands who operate the rail services, stations and facilities on much of the Dutch network so we know we can bring real improvements to your whole rail travelling experience.
The Department for Transport (DfT) has awarded us the contract to operate services until 2026.
That when you travel with us, you will receive a great travel experience through every mile of your journey and expect a high standard of service from start to finish
- To provide you with a safe, clean, punctual and reliable train service
- Make it easier for you to buy tickets with new facilities including smart ticketing
- Treat you well and fairly when things go wrong
- Keep you informed about services, and any planned changes during disruption
- Let you know our performance and quality targets in advance, and report each period how we’re doing
- Listen to your views more
Think ahead. Save a packet.
By buying a ticket in advance, you’re able to choose the best time to travel at the lowest available fare. The early bird really does get the worm!
Enjoy a great value day out, by planning in advance. Here’s what you need to know.
- Tickets are priced as single leg fares so you can choose the lowest available price for each leg of your journey (out and back)
- You book to travel at your specified time
- Railcard and Child discounts apply to all Advance fares (see Railcard Discounts below for details on which Railcards are valid)
- You can check out our First Class Advance fares - they are often cheaper than you might expect
- Get the best deal - book well in advance and travel at off-peak times.
- Check details and book early as Advance tickets are subject to limited availability and may not be available on every train.
- You must travel on your booked service or the ticket will not be valid.
Changes to Advance tickets are possible before the departure of the first reserved train. An administration fee is payable.
RT @BhamPhotoFest: EXTRA TICKETS RELEASED!! The original allocation of 100 tickets sold out in no time at all! As a result of this demand w…
RT @BM_AG: We're pleased to share this great news! Over a quarter of a million people visited #DippyonTour spending £4.2million in the city…
A vibrant museum in the heart of the city with over 40 galleries.Read More
Plan the perfect shopping trip with full store, centre and brand directories.Read More
From the world-famous, 21st Century Bullring to the Victorian elegance of the Great Western Arcade.Read More
Don’t miss Birmingham’s amazing markets – whether it’s the 850-year old Bullring markets or the...Read More
Home to more diamond rings, finishing touches and tokens of love than anywhere else in...Read More