Travel updates around the city
Information on closures/restrictions which may influence the way you travel around the city.
From Monday 2 October works will begin to allow for the permanent closure of the corner of Ladywell Walk and Hurst Street and the creation of a new public square. On Pershore Street/Dudley Street off peak lane reductions will be in operation between 9.30am and 3.30pm Monday to Friday. Access for traffic, loading facilities and the cycle route will be maintained throughout.
Work on Thorp Street is expected to start in the second week of November. All road works should be completed by Wednesday 13 December. Click for further information.
Midland Metro extension
From Monday 9 October works to extend the Midland Metro from New Street Station towards Edgbaston will involve changes to roads in the city centre as detailed below.
- Closure of Hill Street at the top and therefore no exit onto Paradise Street
- The coach stand will be suspended
- The remainder of Hill Street will continue to be one-way, however the direction of travel will reverse
- Access to Hill Street will be via Swallow Street
- Cycling and pedestrian access will be maintained
- Access to blue badge bays at the Town Hall will still be permitted from Paradise Street via Paradise Circus
- Megabus will have a permanent dedicated stand on Brunel Street
- Some parking will be suspended
Marshals will be in the area to assist with any queries. Click for further information.
RT @ParkRegisBirm: It's half-term! 🎉To help you out, we've made a list of 10 free things to do with your little ones in the city: https://…
RT @thechrismoose: There's a strange tingling in my antlers which means Christmas is coming! Either that or my medication's wearing off htt…
A vibrant museum in the heart of the city with over 40 galleries.Read More
Plan the perfect shopping trip with full store, centre and brand directories.Read More
From the world-famous, 21st Century Bullring to the Victorian elegance of the Great Western Arcade.Read More
Don’t miss Birmingham’s amazing markets – whether it’s the 850-year old Bullring markets or the...Read More
Home to more diamond rings, finishing touches and tokens of love than anywhere else in...Read More