Spreading the word about Solihull to Virgin Trains’ London travellers
Solihull Council and Solihull Tourism Forum have been working with Virgin Trains’ to promote the area to all of its travellers and Virgin Train staff, to act as ‘Tourism Ambassadors’ for the region.
Members of the Forum, including Hampton Manor, Hogarth’s Hotel, Solihull Business Improvement District, Genting Hotel and Resorts World will be greeting Virgin Trains’ passengers at London Euston station on Wednesday 7 December to spread the word about what the borough has to offer visitors.
Travellers will be presented with 16 things about Solihull, a leaflet outlining key headlines and facts about the borough, including that Solihull now boasts a Michelin-starred restaurant – Peel’s – based at Hampton Manor.
The partnership with Virgin Trains supports the recent investment and transformation of Birmingham International station.
The traditional ticket office window has been replaced with a welcome desk, alongside new large information displays, wireless charging for devices and contactless payment at the car park barriers.
Councillor Courts, Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Managed Growth, said:
Solihull is a key visitor destination, being centrally located with easy access to rural countryside as well as urban centres with a wide range of shopping, dining and leisure activities.
The borough boasts assets including Resorts World, the National Exhibition Centre and Touchwood Shopping Centre that draw visitors for shopping and entertainment from across the country, alongside dining options such as the newly Michelin-starred Peel’s at Hampton Manor.
The pop up opportunity at London Euston with Virgin Trains offers us a perfect platform to showcase what we have to offer visitors to our region.
Sally Bowen, Chair of Solihull Tourism Forum, said:
We are delighted to be working with Virgin Trains to promote the excellent connectivity from London to the borough showcasing Solihull as a great place to visit, shop, dine, stay and enjoy.
Solihull's tourism and leisure sector is incredibly important to the area – in 2015 it contributed over £965 million to the local economy and supported over 10,000 jobs
Some facts about Solihull:
- With over 1,500 acres of parks, open space and rural land in Solihull, it’s easy to understand why our motto is "Urbs in Rure" meaning “Town in the Country"
- Solihull is the home of award winning shopping, including Touchwood, Mell Square and a busy town centre with great bars, restaurants and theatre plus Solihull Bid Town Centre hosts who meet and greet visitors. It is surrounded by idyllic rural villages, fine dining restaurants and some of the UK’s most spectacular live events.
- Resorts World, a £150m integrated leisure and entertainment complex, brings a host of exciting leisure and entertainment offers to visitors of Solihull, including an outlet shopping centre selling discounted fashion, shoes and home wares; four star hotel with 178 bedrooms and 5 star suites; an Asian-themed spa; 18 internationally themed restaurants and bars; and 11 screen cinema.
- Every year, Solihull welcomes millions of visitors to major concerts and exhibitions, at the NEC and the Genting Arena. The NEC is the UK’s No 1 venue with over 500 events in total held every year.
- Solihull is the ideal base for visiting the Midlands with 21 high quality hotels, ranging from independently owned to well-known brands and is the perfect place for a relaxing fine dining escape for busy London commuters with 6 Michelin starred restaurants inside a 10 mile radius, including Peel’s Restaurant at Hampton Manor.
About Virgin Trains
- Birmingham International is just 1hr 10mins from London Euston, with three Virgin Trains services per hour during the core of the day (Mon-Sat)
RT @HamptonManor: Everyone's going crazy for Escape Rooms. So, we're one-upping them. Escape room collides w/ wine tasting at our Natural W…
RT @AVFCOfficial: A diverse & vibrant community.People passionate about their work, sport and Birmingham itself.A hunger to always stri…
A vibrant museum in the heart of the city with over 40 galleries.Read More
Plan the perfect shopping trip with full store, centre and brand directories.Read More
From the world-famous, 21st Century Bullring to the Victorian elegance of the Great Western Arcade.Read More
Don’t miss Birmingham’s amazing markets – whether it’s the 850-year old Bullring markets or the...Read More
Home to more diamond rings, finishing touches and tokens of love than anywhere else in...Read More