16 things we're doing at the Lord Mayor's Show
This Sunday we’re heading to one of our favourite parks – Cannon Hill Park for the Lord Mayor’s Show. The annual event is this year celebrating the Queen’s 90th Birthday!
We’ve drawn up this 16 point itinerary – which we’re jolly well sticking to!
- 11am - Walk straight in – the event is FREEEEEE!
- Get our faces painted (we're thinking tiger, possibly Spider-Man)
- Go and look at some majestic falcons & check out some skilled sheepdogs
- Head to the Health and Well Being Zone - fire some arrows, partake in some hula-hooping and then relax with a spot of Tai Chi
- After all that exercise it's time to maintain the waistline with some delicious street food
- Check out the new Greenspaces children’s play area (which the Lord Mayor will be officially opening), ride some rides and bounce on the bouncy castle.
- Buy some local wares from the craft store
- Be inspired by aforementioned craft and try to create something ourselves with a free workshop
- Curse our lack of artistic talent and console ourselves with some yummy street food
- Listen to a storytelling session whilst taking in the beautiful vista of Cannon Hill Park
- Head to the Armed Forces stalls - sign up with the Royal Navy to see the world!
- Listen to some live music
- Cancel our membership to the Royal Navy - we love Birmingham too much!
- Celebrate the fact we haven't been court-martialled with some tasty street food
- 5pm - Leave feeling energised yet relaxed, stuffed and creative
- As we’re in the vicinity, walk up the hill to Moseley and check out what’s going on – we weren’t as silly to have driven as spaces are limited!*
*With that in mind, here is some local bus information
No.1 (stop on Edgbaston Road)
No. 35 (stop on Willows Road)
No.'s 45 & 47 (stop on Pershore Road)
No.'s 61, 62 & 63 (stop a short distance away on the Bristol Road)
RT @Selly_Manor: We can't wait until Saturday - it's the Selly Manor Christmas Craft Fair 2017, 11am - 4pm, and it's FREE ENTRY! Join us fo…
RT @SinghLions: Looking forward to London's magical Christmas lights ❤️My family and I will be in London & Birmingham during Christmas🎄T…
A vibrant museum in the heart of the city with over 40 galleries.Read More
Plan the perfect shopping trip with full store, centre and brand directories.Read More
From the world-famous, 21st Century Bullring to the Victorian elegance of the Great Western Arcade.Read More
Don’t miss Birmingham’s amazing markets – whether it’s the 850-year old Bullring markets or the...Read More
Home to more diamond rings, finishing touches and tokens of love than anywhere else in...Read More